Friday, May 8, 2009

What I learned while swinging.

My daughter just taught me something interesting. We were out on the play ground and I was pushing her on the swings. Suddenly, she turns to the girls next to her and says, "Haha girls, I'm going higher than you!" BUT I WAS DOING ALL THE WORK!!!

As I stood there thinking about what she was doing, part of me wanted to walk away and see how well she could do on her own! But in that moment God spoke, "How often do you take credit for the things that I'm doing?" And it's so true, I'll spend time praying and fasting for a sermon, and then when it goes well I take the credit! Like I made those people get saved! Let's just say it was a humbling experience.

And in case you were wondering, I typed this whole blog while pushing her on the swing (she thought I was texting!).

-Jeff-

No comments: