Tuesday, May 26, 2009

She has no idea

I don't know why, but for the last few months my kids have been doing a lot of complaining about the work distribution in our house. Usually, the biggest problem is with Tiffanney folding the laundry and then asking them to put it away. They see themselves running all over the house, while Mom gets to sit there and watch Dr Phil (nevermind the fact that she IS making a human!).

I got to thinking about this as I was reading this post from Perry Noble. Here is an excerpt:

She has no idea what I am capable of…or the things I do behind the scenes of her life that she benefits from…but remains unaware of.

  • She wants a cup of milk…but I am making preparations for her to attend college one day.
  • She wants to go outside…and I am working hard to buy toys that she can play with while she is out there.
  • She wants to go to bed…and I do all that I can to make sure we have a safe house to live in so she can sleep.
We see the immediate needs and how God provides for us, but what about the things we don't see? Because God is constantly working on our behalf.

-Jeff-

No comments: