Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Mexi-blog pt. 5- Our first day at our host church

Today was our first day at our host church. To give you an idea of how it went, I turned to a newbie and a veteran from our group and decided to ask them some questions.

Me: I want you to think back to when we first arrived at our church, what were you thinking?

Newbie: It was really little...

Veteran: I spent a lot of time comparing this years church and last years. This years church is nice, and so was last years. They were both very loving and compassionate.

M: What did you think of the church service?

N: It was moving.

V: I liked it.

V: I like their food too.

M: Did you guys feel at all weird during worship?

N: When we walked in a lot of people stopped and looked at us, it was kinda scary.

V: I tried the best I could to sing a long, but all the songs were in spanish.

Me: How did you like when they asked you to come and introduce yourself in front of the church?

N: I felt uncomfortable because I lost my voice.

V: I didn't mind it, because the church was small, except that I didn't really know what to say and I don't really like being in front of people. I mean, I'm still getting used to being in front of people, last year was the worst, after the first couple of words I was already sweating.

N: The pastor was really energetic.

N: I really like last night's service too, you should write something about that.

Me: Okay, what did you think of last night's service?

V: Oh my gosh...

N: Last night's service was probably the best service I've ever been to. With all the people crying and Alicia getting baptised in the Holy Spirit.

V: There were a lot of people who were slain in the spirit too. I don't think I've ever seen that many people slain in the spirit before.

V: There were a lot of people at the altar.

Me: I think most of the people in the church went up there.

N: There were a few people who stayed back, but they were still praying. Everyone was involved in the service.

Me: Okay, well I think I'm going to cut this off for tonight, but we can do this again tomorrow if you want.

V: Oh, you should write about the guy in the red shirt with the poofy hair who was going around laying hands on people. I think that was the best part of the service.

V: When God spoke through Abraham Perez to the guy with the poofy hair and prophesied over him, and then he went through and prayed for people and many were slain in the Holy spirit.

Me: Okay we really need to cut this off now. So Everyone say good night.

Everyone: Good night!!!

-Jeff-

No comments: